Fertility & IVF Centre
Committed to its core values of enriching lives, Hemas Hospital brand new initiative of setting up Sri Lanka’s First purpose built and most up to date fertility centre with the most advanced and state-of-the-art technology, provides comfort, convenience, safety, privacy with benchmarked international standards to the communities it served.
What is Infertility?
The term ‘infertility’ is used when the ability to become pregnant is diminished or absent. It does not mean that you are unable to have children but that you may require treatment or assistance to achieve a pregnancy. The term is generally used if a couple has not conceived after 12 months of regular unprotected intercourse, or after six months for women aged over 35.
There are two types of infertility. The first is known as primary infertility and this is where a couple has never achieved a pregnancy. Secondary infertility is where a couple is unable to conceive after they have already had a pregnancy or child.
Do you Know?
About one in six couples have trouble conceiving and about half of these couples will require medical assistance to overcome this problem.
In 40% of cases the issue is attributable to the female, while in 40% of cases the issue is traced back to the male.
INFERTILITY IS NOT JUST A FEMALE PROBLEM
In some cases, fertility problems are linked to both partners, resulting in both requiring some form of treatment, or remains unexplained, even after exhaustive testing.
If you are a woman aged over 35 and wish to become mother, it is best to seek medical help after six months of trying.
Possible causes of infertility For Females
- Ovulation disorders which affect the release of eggs from the ovaries (Menstruate irregularly)
- Uterine or cervical abnormalities
- Diagnosed with endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease
- Fallopian tube damage or blockage
- Primary ovarian insufficiency
- Pelvic adhesions
- Cancer and its treatment
Possible causes of infertility For Males
- Abnormal sperm production or function (low sperm count, Problems with the delivery of sperm or other problems with sperm)
- Overexposure to certain environmental factors
- Having a history of testicular, prostate or sexual problems
- Having testicles that are small in size or swelling in the scrotum known as a varicocele
- Damage related to cancer and its treatment
Services offered by Hemas Hospital Fertility Center
IVF (In vitro Fertilization)
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a complex series of procedures used to treat fertility or genetic problems and considered as the most effective form of assisted reproductive technology.
During IVF, mature eggs are collected (retrieved) from ovaries and fertilized by sperm in an embryology lab under highly controlled environment. Then the fertilized egg (embryo) or eggs are implanted in your uterus.
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection)
ICSI means Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection, and it’s a refinement of the IVF technique. Instead of sperm being mixed with the egg in the laboratory, the best single, healthy sperm is extracted from the sample and injected directly into the egg to fertilise it.
With ICSI a single sperm is selected by an embryologist, taken up in a fine glass needle, and injected directly into each egg. Your fertilised egg (embryo) is then transferred into your womb in the same way as an IVF cycle.
- Female hormone profiling
- Male hormone profiling
- Ovarian reserve testing
- Seminal fluid analysis
- Automated sperm analysis
- Sperm DNA fragmentation
- Sperm freezing
- Pelvic ultrasound
- 3D ultrasound
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy
Intra Uterine Insemination
- Frozen sample IUI
- Donor sample IUI
- Sperm processing to be taken
Assisted reproductive surgery
- Hysteroscopic resection of fibroids
- Laparoscopic Polypectomy
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis
- Laparoscopic Adenomyomectomy
- Fertility Counselling
- Nutritional Advices
- Periconceptual Care
Why Hemas Hospital Fertility Center special
- Most up to date purpose-built IVF facility in Sri Lanka
- Equipped with the most advance state-of-the-art technology which is aligned to international standards
- An initiative by the most trusted hospital brand in the country Hemas Hospital
Phone: +94 768 888 900, +94 117 888 900